Monday, July 8, 2013

A Day In The Life Of The Average Witch

Today.  What did I do today.  Well, I got up at 10:30 a.m., but that's because I go to bed late.  I ate breakfast and went on some errands with my family, some of whom were home today.  Home again, I am writing on this blog.  I'm also thinking about what I 'should' be doing and what I 'want' to do.  I 'should' be cleaning and re-organizing my Reliquary - it's a real mess.  I have collected a lot of wonderful, magick supplies, and I enjoy looking at all these things that have come to me over the years.  I especially like looking at these things because I know they have worked magick before.  These things really do connect me with the energies that combine with my intentions to create transformation.  These many things are also pretty.  I have two large, red-glass goblets and a red-glass floral vase that I use in Love incantations of many kinds.  Love always comes with these beautiful things when combined with the right incantations, and sometimes heartbreak is healed as well.  I also enjoy looking at my several decks of Tarot Cards.  I have a deck that is designed with a 'wizard' theme and the pictures are just beautiful to me.  I also should work on making my new Besom.  I found a wonderful, somewhat crooked tree branch that's just the right diameter and height.  I had cut some wild, dried grasses and wrapped them around the base of the limb.  Perhaps I should take it apart again and finish the broom stick...but it does look nice as it is, right out of the wild.  Still, it would look lovely if the bark were removed, it was sanded and stained, and if I etched some wonderful words of magick into it.  I also need more wild grasses to make it's 'skirt', and maybe some dried flowers.  I wonder what color of ribbon I ought to decorate it with?  Should I wind the ribbon up and around the broomstick?  Or should I just make a huge bow for the front of it.  I will have to remember to get some spray on glitter so that when it is finally finished, I can spray the skirt of the broomstick so it has that feeling of magick. 

I'd have to say that I love glitter.  Some witches are 'natural' witches, but I'm more of a glitter witch.  I like chandeliers, and formal gowns, swanky buffets, and formal flower bouquets.  If I'm out in the wild, please,  do set me up a striped tent, and bring me my lunch on a silver tray!  There's no reason to be out in the wild and live like a wild-thing.  Not me.  (Well...sometimes...), but I am just that kind of personality.  Just like everyone, Witches too have personalities.  Some are very 'natural', others very cultured.  Some are very liberal, and others very conservative.  Witchery doesn't necessarily change who you are, it just may enhance it instead. 

I have a few acquaintances who are Witches.  They are really nice people.  One owns a store.  A 'witchy' store and it's beautiful.  This person is 'all business'.  Another friend I have is very 'Middle Earth' and the wild just seems to continue growing right into her house.  she's an extremely cool person and completely different from who I am.  I also know a witch who is very dedicated to cooking and has a lovely home.  I myself am an artistic, glamour-puss witch.  That's just me.  My Reliquary is filled with things that have energy in them, from things that have happened.  Books with spells I have used that actually have worked, and worked well.  On my Escritoire, I have Spell Books in the making, as one page after the other dries, as the days go by, and I glue things into these special pages.  I make spell jars, and wishing jars, and mojo bags, and tarot card bags, but also baby blankets, and crochet hats, and I try to sew things - outfits, and craft items.  And I have made a quilt as well. 

I love to fry chicken.  I just learned how to do it right.  I had to watch Youtube to learn how.  It came out pretty nice!  I wonder if I should take a room apart and clean it thoroughly, or go ride my bike for the sake of exercise.  Or maybe I should enjoy a cup of coffee out in my back yard, which backs up to a wild life reserve, where the neighborhood happens to be located.  It's so beautiful in there.  A pleasure to just sit and hear the birds chatter. 

But for just a few minutes, I will sit in the family room with my loved ones and watch old sit-com T.V. programs, and rest for a few minutes before I continue on with my busy day.  Perhaps someone will need a Tarot Reading, or need me to work a spell for them.  I always welcome this.  I love to hear the results of how their reading or spell went, and people come to me weeks or months later, and let me know all the details, which I LOVE.  I also need a manicure and a pedicure, I need to take a day for 'beauty'.  That reminds me that I will write a post on Witch Beauty soon.  It's an interesting procedure.  You may enjoy some natural, Witchy beauty tips.  But that's next time.  Oh.  the commercial break is now over.  I'm going to finish this show and then on with my day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment